SCHOOL BOARD ELECTION INFORMATION
Board of Education elections will be held April 7, 2015. There are three Board seats up in this election cycle, with one incumbent seeking re-election for a second term, and two members concluding their Board tenure following eight years of service to the students of District 101. Interested citizens of Western Springs (Distrit 101 boundary areas) should find the following information useful. All other questions can be forwarded to Brian Barnhart, Superintendent of Schools, at
or (708) 246-3700.
* Election Date - April 7, 2015 (Consolidated Election)
* Candidate Filing Period - December 15-22, 2014
* Filing Information - Candidates file directly with the Cook County Clerk's Office
Note: The Clerk's office may also accept filings at some suburban locations, with sites, days, and times to be posted on the Clerk's website in late-November.
* Nominating Petition Signatures - September 23, 2014 is the first day that Nominating Petitions may be circulated for signatures.
* What To File? - Information on this can be found on Page 40 of the 2015 Candidate's Guide (Statement of Candidacy, Receipt for the filing of Statement of Economic Interest, Loyalty Oath, and Nominating Petition. Appendix is found on Page 59 of Candidate's Guide).
HELPFUL ELECTION LINKS & CONTACT INFORMATION
* Cook County Clerk's Website for Board Candidate Packet Information-
* Illinois State Board of Education 2015 Candidate's Guide -
* Illinois Association of School Boards, Frequently Asked Questions -
* Cook County Clerk's Office - (312) 603-0906; Regular Business Hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm; 69 W. Washington Street, Fifth Floor, Chicago, IL 60602
GENERAL BOARD INFORMATION
* The District 101 Board of Education is made up of seven members elected on a staggered basis. Board elections are held in April in odd numbered years.
* Members serve four year terms, serve without pay, elect officers, and set meeting dates. The public is encouraged to attend our meetings.
* Meetings are held in public and are primarily held the third Monday of the month, although certain months may vary.
Note: This information is provided as general information and is not legal advice. All candidates are encouraged to consult with legal counsel and/or the Cook County Clerk's Office on all formal election-related matters.